What added value does KBC offer you as a partner?
As a KBC partner, you benefit from our business solutions in 3 ways:
- More turnover. If you immediately offer a financing or insurance option with your products, this will undoubtedly add value for your customers. They get instant insight into the credit costs or insurance premium, which makes it easier for them to make their purchase. This integration allows your customers to save time, make decisions more quickly and enjoy an even better customer experience.
- Faster turnaround time and lower costs. Secondly, the integration of KBC business solutions can make your operations more efficient. For example, it enables a real estate broker to assess the repayment capacity of potential buyers. This means that the broker knows in advance whether a potential buyer is eligible for a home loan for a specific property. As a result, the broker can make sure that all visited homes are within the buyer's budget. This greatly improves the broker's efficiency and shortens the sales cycle.
- Performance-based fee. Finally, some business solutions offer the partner a fee for purchased products, such as credit or insurance. The fee depends on the type of business solution and on the partner’s role in the process: the partner can act as a referrer or as a credit intermediary. The fee rewards the partner’s efforts to offer KBC products to customers within the applicable legal framework.
Do you offer a fallback for the PSD2 API’s?
The KBC API to retrieve a screenscraping ID in the context of PSD2 screenscraping
Calls to this API require a valid eIDAS PSD2 client certificate with the correct ETSI extension during the SSL handshake (TLS1.2).
The screenscraping ID is valid for the entity identified by the organizationIdentifier in the provided client certificate.
How do you use the screen scrape identifier?
After requesting the screen scrape identifier, you should pass it as an HTTP header for each request you make to our environment.
protected override System.Net.WebRequest GetWebRequest(Uri uri)
System.Net.WebRequest request = base.GetWebRequest(uri);
<?php // We'll be outputting a PDF header(‘tppScreenScrapeIdentifier : value’); ?>
For more info, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
Do the KBC APIs have Swagger specifications?
Yes, KBC APIs have Swagger specifications, now known as OpenAPI specifications. Once you have completed the registration process, you can find the specifications on the KBC Developer Portal.
Go to the development section of the portal for further details.
I am getting 400 Bad Request Error as a HTTP response status code. What went wrong?
A 400 Bad Request Error may indicate the following :
- Request received without a mandatory parameter
- Request received with bad parameters (invalid format) values
- Request received with execution-date in past
- Request received with amount<=0
- Request received with currency other than EUR
- Request received with same account for sender and receiver
- Request received with incorrect debtor/creditor account or incorrect structured communication
- Request received with invalid execution-date (for example in a weekend)
What does XS2A mean?
Access to Account (XS2A) services enable third-party payment service providers to gain access to the bank accounts of EU consumers. The detailed Access to Account framework is based on PSD2 and the European Banking Authority Regulatory Technical Standards requirements. It uses data model and associated messaging.
What is the benefit of connecting with KBC’s API’s or other integration patterns?
Connecting with KBC’s integration patterns (API, QR, widget, SDK, …) enables entrepreneurs and business developers to upgrade their own internal processes and their proposition to private and business customers. For more information on the benefits of open banking, read this portal’s section on open banking.
What is the KBC Developer Portal?
The KBC Developer Portal is a platform of integration methods such as financial APIs developed by KBC Bank & Insurance Belgium. Companies and developers interested in using these integration methods can register for the portal and test the APIs in a secure sandbox environment. Do not hesitate to contact us for further information.
I am getting 401 Unauthorized Client Error or 403 Forbidden Error as a HTTP response status code. What went wrong?
401 Unauthorised Client and 403 Forbidden Errors may indicate the following:
- Request received without or with invalid client certificate
- Request received with invalid values for Oauth2 Security related parameters
Request received with invalid access_token
What are the terms & conditions for using KBC API solutions?
Each integration option is subject to its own specific conditions. These are available on the description page of the integration of your choice under the KBC Partner Requirements section. For more detailed information, you are always welcome to contact one of our implementation supervisors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to use our PSD2 APIs, we will ask you to send your eIDAS certificates to email@example.com. If you are still in the process of obtaining your eIDAS certificate, you will need to send us the supporting documents from the relevant authority.
What is AIS?
Account Information Services (AIS) allow regulated account information service providers (AISPs) to share consolidated account information online with regulated third-party payment service providers with the account holders’ specific consent and authentication. They are subject to specific requirements that ensure the security of the account holders.
Get In Touch with Us
Would you like to start developing right now?
Solution based questions : +32 2 4480 187
(on working days from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
Technical based questions : Contact Us