Interested in our Open Banking APIs?
(For PSD2 info see section "Interested in our PSD2 APIs" further down this page)
Important information before starting
Only Belgian companies are allowed to use our solutions, a company number must be provided during registration.
The email address passed during developer registration (first step) will be linked to your organisation registration (second step). KBC will sent a framework agreement to this email address. For this reason it is obliged to register with a company email address in step 1.
Questions on above? Mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org .
All clear? Than please proceed with the following steps to get your integration up and running.
For a full integration of an API, a QR-code or a widget
Register as a developer first
To access the KBC developer portal, you need to have a user account. Register here.
Register your company
- Once you have registered as a developer, you can register your company by following the instructions below:
- Login with your user account.
- In the top right corner, click on your name and choose 'My Company'.
- Click on 'Register Your Organisation' to start the registration process.
- Here you even can choose to register as a partner for another company.
- After registration of your company you immediately can choose for the integration you want.
For a Partner Hub integration
You immediately give us all the needed details by registering here.
Wait for the confirmation email
KBC will review your request, you will receive a confirmation email upon approval.
Add your sandbox or production app
To add your sandbox or production app, follow the instructions below:
- Log into the portal.
- In the top right corner, click on your name and choose 'My Integrations'.
- Click on 'Add New Integration'.
- Choose 'App' as the integration type.
- Click 'Next'.
- Choose a name for your new app.
- Select your environment (Sandbox or Production).
- Click 'Next'.
- Select your API (search by name).
- Click 'Next'.
- Fill out the 'Auth – oAuth' section.
(This step will only show if this is required for the selected API.)
- Enter your public certificate
(This step will only show if this type of authentication is required for the selected API.)
- Save your request.
Sign the required documents
KBC will review your app request and contact you to sign the required documents. These documents can be signed digitally using Adobe Sign. Your app request will be accepted when KBC has received back the signed documents.
Find your Client ID and Client Secret
To find your Client ID and Client Secret after the app's approval, follow the instructions below:
- Go to “My Integrations”.
- Click on your app.
- The Client ID and Client Secret will be displayed in the 'Security' section.
Set up Mutual SSL
To set up Mutual SSL, follow these steps and save your changes.
Interested in our PSD2 APIs?
If you want to connect to our PSD2 APIs, we advise you to consult our PSD2 documentation on the sandboxes and setup of the Live APIs.
To get you started, feel free to consult the 'Get started with PSD2' documentation.
No registration needed
- You do not need to register on the portal to use the PSD2 API's
- Connect directly to our APIs using a valid Eidas certificate with ETSI extension
- We apply the Berlin Standard.
Get a Qualified Website Authentication Certificate (QWAC)
KBC does not issue these certificates. For an overview of the companies who can issue QWACs, please go to https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/tl-browser/#/
Find information on Consents
This information can be found inside the API specifications
Use the Authorisation API
The authorization API is based on the following authorization standards:
RFC 6749 The OAuth2 authorization framework
RFC 7636 Proof key for code exchange
General information can be found in this document: kbc-authorization-api.pdf